The following documents should be submitted to the Consular Section of the Embassy by an applicant in person in order to obtain a transit visa:
1) A valid passport which should have at least two clear visa pages must be valid for at least six months after the expiry date of the visa.
2) A properly and fully completed and printed visa application form (one per person): http://visa.kdmid.ru.
3) Two recent photos of an applicant sized 3,5 x 4,5 cm.
4) Valid tickets for entry to and exit from the Russian Federation.
5) A valid visa to the country you want to enter after leaving Russia or the passport of that state.
6) In some cases the Consular officer may request additional documents.
Transit passage through the territory of the Russian Federation WITHOUT VISA is permitted under the following conditions:
1) A foreign citizen makes a direct flight through the territory of the Russian Federation.
2) A foreign citizen travels on board of international airlines with a transfer at the airport of arrival on the territory of the Russian Federation (as long as there is a transit zone at that airport) and has properly completed documents allowing to enter the destination state and an air ticket with a confirmed departure date from the transit airport on the territory of the Russian Federation within 24 hours of arrival.
3) A foreign citizen is a citizen of a state that has a corresponding international agreement on the visa-free transit with the Russian Federation.
A transit visa to a foreign citizen traveling through the territory of the Russian Federation to the destination state by air shall be issued for a period not exceeding 3 days.
Schedule of Fees for Consular Services: https://egypt.mid.ru/upload/iblock/920/9209bf8052e4c5fc63df98b164a5c46e.pdf