For Cruise ships and ferries passengers
In accordance with the Federal Law on the rules of entry to and exit from the Russian Federation foreign citizens travelling aboard authorized cruise ships or ferries arriving in the Russian Federation through sea and river ports open for international passenger service, may remain in the Russian Federation for 72 hours without a visa.
The visa-free descent ashore the Russian Federation for the passengers travelling aboard foreign cruise ships or ferries is permitted providing that:
- the ship's captain submits the list of passengers aboard to the port authorities within 72 hours of the ship’s arrival at the Russian port;
- the passenger is included in the above-mentioned lists;
- each passenger has an identity document recognized in Russia as such;
- the passengers are accommodated aboard foreign cruise ships or ferries during their stay in Russia;
- a foreign citizen remains only within the visiting territory determined by a group tourist program.